The name given to a group of skaters entered in a category. There may be one event per category or several events per category depending on the number of total entries. Each event is independent of the other events within the category.
An individual sixteen years of age or older who has been trained and appointed to officiate at or below a specified level of competition in one or more of singles, pairs, ice dance or synchronized skating.
A referee of an event within a competition is an experienced judge who has received further training to conduct an event and monitor the performance of the panel of judges. Referees are qualified to referee or judge at or below a specified level of competition in one or more of singles, pairs, ice dance or synchronized skating.
An individual sixteen years of age or older who is responsible for accurate technical panel process and authorizes, corrects, deletes and adds elements to the list of elements performed during an event. Technical controllers are qualified to act on panels at or below a specified level of competition in one or more of singles, pairs, ice dance or synchronized skating.
For all official event resources, click on the links below:
- Assistant Referee Ice Dance Role: Officials
- Event Referee Report (Singles, Pairs, Dance): https://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Event-Referee-Report-SPD.docx
- Event Technical Controller Report: https://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Event-TC-Report.docx
- Exam Candidate or Judge on Panel: https://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Exam-Candidate-or-Judge-on-Panel-Assessment-form-All-Disciplines.docx
- Reflections for Judge Requested Report: https://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Reflections-for-Judge-Requested-Report.docx
- Social Media/Electronic Device Use: https://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Social-Media-and-Electronic-Devise-Use-4.pdf
- Timer Notes Reference Chart: Timer Notes Reference Chart
- Halfway Point: Technical Information & Clarification Guide
- Medical Concussion Policy: https://info.skatecanada.ca/index.php/en-ca/policies/173-concussion-policy.html
- Meeting schedule
- Expense Claim: https://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/10-Expense-Claim-Form.xlsx
- Officials' Info Package