After a year of being officially launched, the new CanSkate program is gearing up for another exciting season.
Feedback on the new program has been very positive. Skaters love the action, music and fun, parents love the continuous movement and remarkable improvement of their children and coaches love the effectiveness and efficiency of the session formats and circuits. The sessions basically run themselves with the tools provided and skaters are guaranteed to learn to skate.
Here are some of the new tools that will be available to help coaches and clubs deliver an even better CanSkate program:
New CanSkate brochure
- Use these full-colour, 3-panel brochures during registration days, club open houses, ice shows or other community activities to help promote your club’s CanSkate program
- An electronic version will be available for download with space to add your club’s contact information, registration periods, etc. NOTE: We ask that if you use the e-version that you print it in colour.
New CanSkate progress report
- Newly refreshed and more efficient, this progress report card now contains the Pre-CanSkate skills – so only one progress report to use for all CanSkaters!
- NOTE: If your club still has last season’s CanSkate report cards you may still use them until your stock depletes, as the technical curriculum on these and the Pre-CanSkate report cards has not changed.
- NOTE: Current report cards will be sold until stock depletes
New CanSkate Skills Tips videos - For coaches
- A series of 16 video clips providing technical tips for teaching some of the new and/or revised skills in the CanSkate curriculum.
CanSkate Element Event package revisions – COMING SOON
- Based on feedback received some revisions have been made to the technical requirements and standards. Once materials are finalized they will be posted in the Info Centre under CanSkate.
CanSkate’s New Look
We will also be undertaking the refreshing of all other CanSkate program materials with the new look and brand of “Only the best can bring out their best.”
NOTE TO CLUBS: Please be sure to update your own club materials with the new CanSkate logo and look – including your club website, newsletter, parent information packages, registration information, etc. Logos and promotional posters can be found in the Info Centre under Programs/CanSkate
CanSkate Program Support
We know that many clubs are fully operational while some clubs are just getting started, and so we want to offer as much support as we can to help clubs get up and running, or to reinforce what is being done, in order to offer the best program possible. We need to know in which areas clubs still need more information, resources or training so we can go back and develop the tools required. We would also like to collect any feedback as well as any success stories clubs wish to share.
To this end, we will be continuing the national club support program this season in which we have CanSkate Resource Team members and national office staff reaching out to clubs across the country. We have a list of clubs that have asked for support whom we will be servicing, as well as a random selection of clubs in each section. In addition, clubs may approach CanSkate Resource Team members on their own or their section office should they wish to arrange their own support visit or conference call. The list of CanSkate Resource Team members and their contact information can be found in the Info Centre under Programs/CanSkate.
Watch for more updates on the CanSkate program in Skate Canada email campaigns over the late summer and fall.
Should you have any questions regarding CanSkate please contact email@example.com or call 1.888.747.2372