- SELECTION OF OFFICIALS: All technical controllers, technical specialists, judges, referees and data specialists must be selected from the official association list of technical controllers, technical specialists, judges, referees and data specialists subject to the following:
- COMPOSITION OF THE PANEL OF OFFICIALS: For all events the panel shall consist of qualified championship officials of the appropriate level.
- QUALIFICATIONS OF JUDGES ON PANELS: If possible in novice, junior and senior events at least one member of the judges’ panel should be a Challenge or Canadian Championship judge.
- QUALIFICATIONS OF TECHNICAL OFFICIALS ON PANELS: Technical controllers and technical specialists shall be qualified at a minimum at sectional level. If possible in novice, junior and senior events at least one technical official on the panel should be qualified at Challenge level or higher.
- QUALIFICATIONS OF REFEREES: Referees shall be qualified at a minimum at sectional level. If qualified sectional championship referees are not available, an experienced senior sectional championship judge who is qualified as an interclub referee may be used.
- QUALIFICATIONS OF DATA SPECIALISTS: The chief data specialist shall be qualified at a minimum as a Level 2 data specialist and the data specialists shall be Level 1 or higher.
- QUALIFICATIONS OF THE TECHNICAL REPRESENTATIVE: To be eligible for appointment the technical representative shall be a sectional championship referee or higher in any category, or an individual who, as a chair or member of the organizing committee for a Skate Canada Challenge or Canadian Championship or an international competition or championship, has demonstrated skills in competition organization and management.
Have more questions? Submit a request