Full PDF package attached
This portfolio has been created to provide participants at this level with the expectations of the training, evaluation requirements and standards to obtain a CanSkate Coach Trained status within the NCCP Instruction-Beginner context.
Coaches MUST be CanSkate Coach Certified or Primary STARSkate Coach Trained within three years of achieving an In-Training status. No extensions will be given.
Requirements for CanSkate Coach Trained Status
- Register as a Skate Canada professional coach
- Successfully complete the NCCP CanSkate Trained Coach Evaluation Portfolio which includes:
Part A: Mentorship Interview
- Observe one 45- 60 minute CanSkate session.
- Complete a brief mentorship interview.
- Create a five-week lesson plan.
- Complete the video requirements listed including the introduction, two technical lessons and self-evaluation.
5. Part D: Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- Complete the EAP form for the facility in which you are coaching CanSkate.
- An EAP should be completed for every facility in which you coach, however you are onlyrequired to submit one.
To be completed within one year from date of achieving an In-Training status. The date of achieving an In-Training status is from the date of your In-Training certificate.
NCCP Trained CanSkate Coaches will be able to:
- Observe and reflect on a CanSkate session run by a mentor coach
- Present two CanSkate group lesson
- Design a 5 week CanSkate session
- Teach CanSkate skill progressions
- Identify and correct basic CanSkate skills
- Design an emergency action plan
- Make ethical decisions (online evaluation at www.coach.ca)