THIS PROGRAM IS CURRENTLY BEING REVISED. A NEW PATHWAY WILL BE LAUNCHED SEPTEMBER 2017
- Coaches must have an active Trained or Certified CanSkate Coach status
- Coaches must be a registered coach or a Skate Canada registrant
- Must complete either:
- One complete Senior Bronze STARSkate test
- One Junior Bronze free skate test and one other complete Junior Bronze STARSkate test
Requirements for “Trained” Primary STARSkate Coach status:
- Complete the Primary STARSkate Coach Home Study Guide
- Attend the three day Primary STARSkate Coach course
- Teach one 15-minute lesson in front of a mentor coach
- Successfully complete all in-class assignments
ATTENTION! A Trained Primary STARSkate coach is recommended to complete the Primary STARSkate Portfolio within have TWO YEARS of achieving an Trained status.
Requirements for “Certified” Primary STARSkate Coach status:
- Must be a registered Trained Primary STARSkate coach
- Complete the Primary STARSkate Coach Portfolio which includes:
- Minimum of 50 hours of practice coaching
- Submission of three 15-minute video lessons at the Primary STARSkate level (STAR 1-5, Preliminary or Junior Bronze).
Coaches MUST be Primary STARSkate Coach Certified within three years of achieving a
Trained status. No extensions will be given.
- Trained Primary STARSkate Coach (Home Study Guide + three day course)
- Certified Primary STARSkate Coach (Trained status + 50 hours practice coaching + Primary STARSkate Evaluation Portfolio)