- USE OF REFEREE AS A JUDGE: A referee of an event may not be used as a judge in the same event except in case of an emergency; but such officials may be used as judges in other events in which they have not been appointed to act as referee.
- QUALIFICATION OF JUDGES ON PANELS:
For all events the panel shall consist of qualified championship judges of the appropriate level. In case of difficulty in obtaining judges or for training purposes, the Domestic Officials Committee may appoint a Skate Canada Challenge judge of the appropriate discipline to act as a member of a panel for a Novice or Junior event.
- QUALIFICATIONS OF TECHNICAL OFFICIALS ON PANELS:
- For all events at the Canadian Figure Skating Championships, the technical controller and technical specialists shall be at least national level. If possible, at least one technical official on a senior panel should be international or ISU level. However, for educational purposes, one of the three technical officials on Novice and Junior panels may be Skate Canada Challenge level.
- For senior panels, one Skate Canada Challenge level judge and/or Skate Canada Challenge level technical specialist or technical controller may also be on the panel for educational purposes; however their marks shall not be counted in the scoring. A Skate Canada Challenge level technical official serving in this educational capacity may not be seated with the technical panel but may be connected via the electronic communication link for the purpose of listening only. They may not communicate with the technical panel in any manner during an event and may not discuss the results of that event until the conclusion of the competition.
- DETERMINING ASSIGNMENT OF OFFICIALS: The technical representative, referees, judges and all data specialists shall be recommended by the Domestic Officials Committee and approved by the Board of Directors of the Association. The Board of Directors may, from time to time, delegate the authority to approve referee, judge and data specialist assignments to the Domestic Officials Committee. All technical controllers and technical specialists shall be recommended by the Domestic Officials Committee and approved by the Executive Committee.
- TIMING OF APPOINTMENT OF OFFICIALS: Where possible, the recommendations for referees, judges, technical controllers, technical specialists and data specialists must be made a minimum of three months prior to the event.
- APPOINTMENT OF THE TECHNICAL REPRESENTATIVE AND CHIEF DATA SPECIALIST: In the case of the technical representative and the chief data specialist, these appointments must be recommended by the Domestic Officials Committee for approval by the Board of Directors at least six months prior to the holding of the event.
Have more questions? Submit a request