There are a variety of skill sets that will be required in different positions, including but not limited to:
- Must be a minimum of 15 years of age or older by the start date of set-up for the specific event. Some exceptions apply for specific positions (i.e. flower retrievers, ice patchers, and ceremony participants). This information can be found in the Volunteer Information Package for each specific event.
- Ability to create a welcoming environment for competitors, team personnel, media and spectators.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to perform varying levels of manual labour.
- Background in figure skating and knowledge of the sport an asset.
- Previous experience at Skate Canada events or with major international events.
- Advanced computer application skills – Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-energy environment.
- Ability to deal with unexpected and difficult situations.
- Language skills – ability to work in English, French and other languages is an asset.
Skills specific to volunteer positions can be found in the Volunteer Information Packages.