Important Note: Skate Canada has implemented a new system for the online volunteer applications for the upcoming season’s events. Even if you have volunteered with us previously, we will need you to re-enter all of the required data into this new system.
1) How do I apply to volunteer for a Skate Canada event?
Please select the “Volunteer Now” button located on the Skate Canada website under the specific event you are interested in volunteering for. You will be directed to the online application form for that specific event. If you are interested in becoming a medical volunteer please select the “Medical Volunteer” button.
*Ensure you verify you are completing the volunteer application form for the specific event you are interested in volunteering at (i.e. 2016 Skate Canada International vs. 2017 Skate Canada Challenge). The event title is included at the top of the volunteer application form.
2) What is my username and/or password?
Because we have a new system separate from Member’s Only portion of the Skate Canada website for the online volunteer applications for events, you will not require a username and/or password to login and complete the volunteer application form.
*If you are a current and/or previous Skate Canada member or volunteer you will be requested to input your Skate Canada Membership number on the application form for reference purposes.
3) How to contact Skate Canada regarding questions and inquiries?
2017 Skate Canada Autumn Classic International - firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Skate Canada International - email@example.com
2018 Skate Canada Challenge - firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships - email@example.com
2018 Skate Canada Synchronized Skating Championships - firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Why is my application submission not successful?
- You must complete all * mandatory fields on the application form. If a mandatory field is missed when you click “submit” you will receive an error message and the missed mandatory fields will be highlighted.
- You must ensure you receive the successful submission screen message and bounce back email once you have clicked “submit” on your application. This will provide confirmation that your online volunteer application form has been successfully submitted. If the bounce-back email has not been received your application has not been successfully submitted.
5) How do I upload my picture for accreditation?
Under the personal profile portion of the volunteer application form there will be a section indicated as “Upload a photo”. To upload your photo, select browse which will open your computer files for your photo. Once the correct file/photo is selected, click open. You will be able to view the file on your volunteer application form and can choose to change it until the application form has been submitted.
*Please note that photos are mandatory for accreditation purposes and therefore the online volunteer application form will only be successfully submitted once a photo has been uploaded. If you have any questions or concerns with regards to your photo, please contact us at the appropriate event inbox listed above.
Specifications for accreditation photos
- Colour photos are preferred.
- Photo size must be portrait approximately 37 mm (1 1/2 in.) wide and 50 mm (2 in.) long.
- The photos must be a close-up of the head and shoulders so that the face covers approximately 65 to 75% of the photo.
- Photos must be clear, sharp and in focus.
- Photos that are not acceptable include landscape, skating cards, sunglasses, hats and group pictures. Acceptable photos are clear individual photos of passport size containing your head and shoulders only.