1.0 CLUB COMPETITIONS
1.1 ORGANIZATION AND CONDUCT (Rule 7501 (1))
- DEFINITION OF A CLUB COMPETITION: A club competition shall be defined as one for which only members of the holding club are eligible.
- RULES FOR CLUB COMPETITIONS: Special rules for club competitions may be made by the committee in charge subject to the following
- ELIGIBILITY FOR CLUB COMPETITIONS: Eligibility rules as set forth in Section 2100 shall apply.
- CALCULATION OF RESULTS: Placings shall be determined by the method outlined in the Event Management Handbook.
- NATURE OF EVENTS FOR CLUB COMPETITIONS: For club competitions the composition of events shall be at the discretion of the committee in charge.
1.2 OFFICIALS (Rule 7502)
- JUDGES FOR CLUB COMPETITIONS: There shall be an odd number of judges, not less than three. Judges need not be official Skate Canada judges, but must be eligible persons and are subject to the restrictions in Rule 2502. For club competition events that qualify skaters to an Interclub competition, qualified judges should be used where possible.
- ACCOUNTANTS FOR CLUB COMPETITIONS: There shall be at least two individuals who act as accountants. They need not be official Association accountants but they must be eligible persons and are subject to the restrictions in Rule 2502. It is preferable that at least one of these individuals be an official Skate Canada accountant.
2.0 INTERCLUB / INVITATIONAL COMPETITIONS
2.1 ORGANIZATION AND CONDUCT (Rule 7503)
- DEFINITION OF INTERCLUB & INVITATIONAL COMPETITIONS:
- DEFINITION OF AN INVITATIONAL COMPETITION: An Invitational competition shall be defined as one open to competitors from more than one club and may include members of the USFSA or other foreign associations.
- DEFINITION OF AN INTERCLUB COMPETITION: An Interclub competition shall be defined as one open to competitors from more than one club. There may be a selection process whereby skaters qualify to advance to higher levels of competition based on their results at the club/regional/Sectional level.
- WHO MAY ORGANIZE: An interclub or invitational competition may be organized by any club, group of clubs (this may include USFSA clubs) or Skate Canada Section, providing the appropriate sanction is obtained.
- NATURE OF EVENTS FOR INTERCLUB AND INVITATIONAL COMPETITIONS: Events for Interclub and Invitational competitions shall be at the discretion of the Organizing Committee.
2.2 OFFICIALS (Rule 7504 )
- SELECTION OF OFFICIALS: Judges, referees and accountants shall be selected from the official Association judges and accountants list. Judges and referees must be eligible persons.
- COMPOSITION OF THE PANELS: For all events the panel shall consist of qualified Competition judges of the appropriate level except as noted below:
- CANSKATE OR CANPOWERSKATE EVENTS: In those events consisting of skaters from CanSkate or CanPowerSkate programs, judges may be selected from certified instructors of those programs or Skate Canada Primary judges. (See Requirements for Appointment or Promotion as a Judge, in Policies and Procedures)
- FOR EVENTS OTHER THAN FIGURE SKATING EVENTS: For Interclub (or Invitational) events of a nature other than those figure skating competitions and events listed in Rule 7302, and other than those referred to in (a) above, Primary judges may be used. (See Requirements for Appointment and Promotion as a Judge in Policies and Procedures)
- FOR FIGURE SKATING EVENTS: For Interclub or Invitational events of the type listed in Rule 7302, Primary judges may be used for any event requiring no more than a Preliminary test as a prerequisite for entry. For all other events, Juvenile or higher judges must be used and must be qualified at the applicable level of the event (i.e. Juvenile or higher judges for Juvenile/Senior Bronze test or lower events; Pre-Novice judges or higher for Pre-Novice/Gold test events, etc.).
- DETERMINING ASSIGNMENT OF OFFICIALS: The list of judges, referees and accountants selected and a list of events must be submitted to the appropriate Section Evaluators/Judges and Accountants Chairs for approval.
- GUEST JUDGES: Subject to the approval of the Chair of the Section Evaluators/Judges Committee a guest judge may be appointed for one or more events. Such guest judge is subject to the restrictions as set forth in Rule 7409 (4).