1.0 - GENERAL
1.1 ORGANIZATION & CONDUCT
See Section B-1.0 above.
No other Synchronized Skating competitions will be permitted to operate on the same dates as any Regional Synchronized Skating event.
1.2 TYPES OF COMPETITIONS & CHAMPIONSHIPS (Rule 7601)
The major types of Synchronized Skating Competitions & Championships are as follows:
- INTERCLUB (FESTIVAL) OR INVITATIONAL SYNCHRONIZED SKATING COMPETITIONS: Within Canada, these are defined as competitions to which teams may be invited from other clubs in Canada, and/or one or more foreign countries. The entry of competitors may be made either through the Association or a club. The nature of the events in the competition is to be determined by the organizers with the approval of Skate Canada. Skate Canada rules must be followed.
- REGIONAL SYNCHRONIZED SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS
- CHALLENGE CUP: Challenge Cup events may be held at the same time and location as the Interclub or Invitational competition to which they are related. Normally these events are held for teams which do not qualify for the final round of the competition.
- CANADIAN SYNCHRONIZED SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS
- INTERNATIONAL SYNCHRONIZED SKATING COMPETITIONS: Within Canada, these are defined as competitions where teams are invited by the Association from at least one foreign country and conducted according to the rules of the ISU.
- STARTING ORDER IS DRAWN BY LOT: The starting order of the teams for each event shall be drawn by lot by a committee of three persons; the technical representative or chief referee, the chief accountant, the Chair of the committee in charge of the competition, or their respective nominees.
- STARTING ORDER MAY BE DRAWN 30 DAYS PRIOR: The starting order may be drawn up to 30 days prior to the competition.
- PRIZES: Prizes shall be awarded to the winning teams in all Synchronized Skating Championships and Competitions as follows:
- FOR THREE OR MORE ENTRIES: When there are three or more team entries in an event, prizes shall be awarded to the top three placements.
- FOR TWO ENTRIES: When there are only two team entries in an event, prizes shall be presented to both team placements.
- FOR ONE ENTRY: If there is only one team entered in an event, an exhibition skate shall be performed but no prize shall be awarded.