WHEREAS Skate Canada requires and appreciates the support it receives from volunteers in connection with the delivery of world class skating competitions;
AND WHEREAS the undersigned (“Volunteer”) desires to provide services to Skate Canada on a voluntary basis in support of the 2018 Skate Canada Synchronized Skating Championships (the “Event”);
NOW THEREFORE Volunteer agrees as follows:
- Volunteer agrees to provide voluntary services to Skate Canada at the Event without remuneration of any kind and to carry out such services as are requested by Skate Canada to the best of his or her ability and to comply with all lawful directions and instructions received from Skate Canada in carrying out the services.
- Volunteer understands and agrees that there may be risk of personal injury associated with the provision of services and further agrees to perform such services in a safe manner.
- Volunteer agrees to attend any training or orientation session in connection with services provided by Volunteer at the request of Skate Canada.
- In the event Volunteer is unable to provide consent, due to illness or injury, Volunteer hereby consents to the administration of first aid and other emergency medical treatment for such injury or illness that may occur during Volunteer’s participation in the Event.
- Volunteer agrees to keep confidential all information and other material of a sensitive nature which Volunteer may receive or have access to with regard to the Event that Volunteer knows or ought reasonably to know is confidential.
- Volunteer agrees to provide a criminal records or background check at the request of Skate Canada or any Skate Canada affiliate, including the Skate Canada, Ontario Section (the “LOC”). Furthermore, Volunteer acknowledges that the right of Volunteer to provide services in respect of the Event is conditional on the satisfactory outcome of the criminal records or background check as determined by Skate Canada in its sole discretion.
- Volunteer agrees to release and hold harmless Skate Canada and its affiliates, including LOC, and all others associated with the event including sponsors and other participants, from any and all liability, claims, demands and causes of action that may result, directly or indirectly, from Volunteer’s participation in the Event, including, without limitation, claims that arise as a result of the loss of or damage to personal property or claims rising from injury or illness or the provision of first aid or medical treatment of any kind.
- Volunteer acknowledges that this Agreement is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD EACH PARAGRAPH IN THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH VOLUNTEERING FOR THIS EVENT. I UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS IS A BINDING LEGAL COMMITMENT.