Skate Canada is dedicated to celebrating and recognizing Mr. David Dore as a key “Builder” in the figure skating community through a fund created in his honour and memory, named the David Dore Mentorship Fund.
Mr. Dore was a competitive skater, an official, a volunteer, a President and a Director General of the Canadian Figure Skating Association, an International Skating Union Vice-President and a world-renowned figure skating visionary and leader. He was bestowed with several honours, including being a Member of the Olympic Order, an Honoured Member of Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame, a recipient of three Governor General Awards and a Member of the Skate Canada Hall of Fame. The timeless impact that David Dore had on figure skating will never be forgotten.
Purpose: The David Dore Mentorship Fund provides an opportunity for a Skate Canada skater, coach, official volunteer or administrator at the club, section or national levels to develop leadership skills with the goal of enhancing Skate Canada’s leadership depth. Candidates must demonstrate the potential to be positive and contributing leaders in the sport of figure skating within Canada.
Program: The selected candidate will be given the opportunity to attend the Skate Canada Ice Summit from June 2-4, 2017 in Ottawa, including:
- Skate Canada’s Achievement Awards Gala and Banquet
- Ice Summit workshops (past workshop sessions have included topics on branding, Safe Sport, skater development, sponsorship, etc.
- Annual General Meeting
They will also be invited to partake in the following unique opportunities:
- “Shadowing” a Skate Canada leader (e.g., past or current president, board member, senior management)
- Participating in a “one-on-one” Q & A session with a Skate Canada leader (e.g., past or current president, board member, senior management)
The selected candidate will also receive:
- Travel to and from the Ice Summit in Ottawa including ground transportation
- Accommodation for up to three nights