- Must be a current registered Skate Canada skater, coach, official current volunteer or an administrator within Skate Canada
- Must have been involved with Skate Canada for at least two years and will continue to stay committed and engaged as a leader in figure skating in Canada
- Must provide a nomination letter from a Skate Canada skater, club, skating school or section endorsing your leadership role within Skate Canada
- Must have proven volunteer or work experience in a leadership role within Skate Canada
To be considered for the Fund, applicants must complete the electronic application form (link below). The application form must include:
- Personal information
- Video submission
- Minimum of two reference letters indicating volunteer or work experience in a leadership role (one at least from a Skate Canada club, skating school or section).
All content can be submitted through the following link:
David Dore Mentorship Application Form and Video Submission
Applications must be completed and submitted by 8:00 a.m. ET on April 10, 2017. Only completed applications will be considered in the selection process.
Video Content Requirements
All applicants must submit a video (maximum of five minutes in length) addressing the following points:
- A brief personal introduction
- Your volunteer philosophy and definition of a leader
- Your volunteer and/or professional work experience in a leadership role
- Your strengths and challenges in a volunteer and/or work experience leadership role
- As a leader,
- Describe your involvement as a volunteer and/or professional work experience at a Skate Canada club, section or national level
- Describe how your involvement in that leadership role made an impact at a Skate Canada club, section or national level.
- Express some goals/objectives that you want to pursue and achieve that would further develop and enhance figure skating in Canada
- What inspires you the most about Mr. David Dore’s leadership commitment to figure skating in Canada
- Tell us why you should be selected for the David Dore Mentorship Fund
BE INNOVATIVE AND CREATIVE!
The Skate Canada David Dore Mentorship Fund Selection Committee will select a recipient. The Selection Committee consists of a member of the Skate Canada Board of Directors, two family/friend representatives of Mr. Dore and the Skate Canada Alumni & Fund Manager. Skate Canada reserves the right to not select a Mentorship Fund recipient if there is no viable candidate.
The recipient will be notified on or before April 30, 2017.