Who coaches the coaches? Coach developers do!
Are you interested in becoming a Skate Canada coach developer for the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)? Skate Canada is looking for enthusiastic coach leaders to become learning facilitators and coach evaluators for the revised NCCP Regional Coach program (replacing Primary STARSkate Coach course). These individuals will be trained by Skate Canada to deliver the Regional Coach course and will be responsible for mentoring/training new coaches on how to coach at the STAR 1-5 level. Those selected will be responsible for facilitating courses in their respective section, as well as evaluating the submissions of the coach candidates.
Coaches wishing to apply should satisfy the following requirements:
- Currently a registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, in good standing
- NCCP National Coach Certified (recommended, not required)
- Core Learning Facilitator Training (considered an asset)
- Core Coach Evaluator Training (considered an asset)
- Have minimum 5 years’ experience coaching at the Learn to Train stage
- Have taken the STAR 1-5 Program and Assessor Training and have fully embraced this new program with their skaters
- Are committed to being a coach developer for a minimum of 5 years
- Are committed to becoming a fully certified Coach Developer
Candidate must be:
- Comfortable facilitating a group
- Passionate about coaching
- Strong leadership skills
If you are interested in becoming a NCCP Regional Coach, Coach Developer apply using the online application form.
All applications are due: February 19, 2017 by 11:59 pm EST.
Those selected will be contacted to schedule an interview by March 1, 2017. Due to an anticipated high volume of applications, only those selected will be contacted.
If you have any questions pertaining to becoming a Skate Canada NCCP Regional Coach, Coach Developer please contact Kaitlan Lavis, Coach Development Coordinator, by email at email@example.com